"BLOOD FLOW RESTRICTION
WALKING IMPROVES PHYSICAL
FUNCTION BEYOND THAT OF
- Matthew John Clarkson, Louise Conway, Stuart Anthony Warmington
In this study the authors write: “The greater improvement in physical function with blood flow restriction demonstrates how this addition can increase the quality of simple walking exercise for populations that may be contraindicated to heavy-load resistance training.
- Blood flow restriction walking provides a low-load alternative to resistance training for improving the physical function of older adults who may be contraindicated to high-load resistance training.
- Blood flow restriction walking improves physical function beyond that of traditional walking exercise.
- While higher than traditional walking, ratings of perceived exertion for 10 min of blood flow restriction walking were relatively low and improved with training programme duration.”
– Matthew John Clarkson, Louise Conway, Stuart Anthony Warmington
Matthew John Clarkson, Louise Conway, Stuart Anthony
J Sci Med Sport. 2017 Dec;20(12):1041-1046. doi:
10.1016/j.jsams.2017.04.012. Epub 2017 Apr 21.