Stray Whales, LLC (“(B)STRONG”) respects your privacy, and is committed to reasonable measures to safeguard personally identifiable information you may share with us in the course of utilizing the services provided by (B)STRONG (the “Service”).
If you have questions or concerns regarding The Policy, you should first contact us at [email protected].
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We only have access to collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We are the sole owners of the information collected on www.goBstrong.com.
In order to purchase (B)STRONG products you are required to enter your name, email, and shipping address, and provide your limb sizes for size of products. Additionally, in order to use (B)STRONG software products (“Software”), you are required to create a profile and provide:
- Limb sizes
- Pressure and efficacy data related to blood flow restriction training products
- You have the option of providing and/or storing additional biometric information as specified and explained in the Software application.
Guest users are only required to provide as much information as is reasonably necessary to complete any transaction which they have initiated, including an email address, billing, and shipping information. However, unlike a registered user who may opt to have shipping information stored, guest users’ information will not be stored and will only be used for purposes of completing the transaction for which it was provided.
We will be using browser session data to store your shopping cart as well as your session while you browse the site. Your data will be stored only for that browser session. However, if you have logged in as registered user, then your activities will be saved by browser session and stored on the server with a session ID.
Like many companies, we monitor the use of the website by collecting aggregate information. No personally identifiable information is collected in this process. Typically, such information comprises customer demographics, traffic patterns, sales, and site usage. This information is used for our commercial purposes, including to improve usability, performance and effectiveness of the website.
In some instances, we may collect aggregate data through cookies and similar files. The majority of web browsers accept cookies and similar files, but you can usually change the browser settings to prevent this. However, if you do so, some functionality of www.goBstrong.com may be impaired or lost, particularly any site customization features.
Our website may provide links to third-party websites that are outside of our control and not covered by The Policy, e.g. Facebook® and Twitter®. We encourage you to review the privacy policies posted on these (and all) sites to learn about those sites policies and practices with respect to your personally identifiable information.
Any improper collection or misuse of personally identifiable information provided to (B)STRONG may be a violation of The Policy and should be reported to [email protected].
HOW IS THE INFORMATION OBTAINED BY (B)STRONG USED?
Whether you visit www.goBstrong.com as a guest or register as a user and create a profile, your information is used to provide the service or transaction you requested. If you choose to create a user name and profile, we may additionally use your information to contact you to remind you about products which remain in your shopping cart or to obtain product feedback or reviews.
We may share your personally identifiable information with authorized third-parties agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction. For example, if we need to ship something to you, we must share your name and address with a shipping company.
Any comments, statuses, updates, +1, tweets, etc that you voluntarily share on a (B)STRONG social media page may appear on www.goBstrong.com in the scrolling bar that shows activity on our pages or profiles.
We may collect and share personally identifiable information when we have a good faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, rule, regulation, or enforceable governmental or administrative request, enforce our applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations, detect, prevent, or address fraud, security or technical issues, or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of (B)STRONG, our users or the public.
(B)STRONG may use your Personal Data for any of the following purposes:
- to register you for use of our Service and to deliver and maintain our Service;
- to enable us to monitor, review and improve the Service;
- for our internal records regarding the use of the Service;
- (subject to the direct marketing section below) for marketing purposes; and
- so that we can fulfil our obligations under our agreement with you relating to the Service and to support you in your use of the Service.
(B)STRONG uses your biometric data (such as limb girths or skin fold data) only to the extent necessary to provide the Service to you and may use it on an anonymous basis for research and scientific purposes, and for no other purposes whatsoever.
We will only retain information about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was intended and not for any longer, or for as long as may be required under any contract or by law.
We will not collect an excessive amount of information from you nor information that is not relevant to the purposes for which it was collected.
Our use of information other than for the reasons set out above is on an opt-in basis. This means that you will not receive communications from us regarding, for example, specials, new products or new services, unless you have given us affirmative permission to receive such communications.
HOW DO WE COLLECT THE PERSONAL DATA?
We collect your Personal Data by various methods including:
- When you place an order on our e-commerce website to purchase our hardware and software products and services;
- When you submit your personal data through our Software products by whatever means, including but not limited to via your mobile device;
- When you contact us by whatever means other than through software products; and
- Your designated coach or trainer may also enter data about you into the software products. This will be, however, only the case when you have granted your coach or trainer consent to use your Personal Data. Should you not have granted such consent please contact us urgently so that we may take steps to cease processing your Personal Data.
HOW ARE THE PRIVACY RIGHTS OF YOUNGER USERS TREATED?
Our web sites do not target and are not intended to be used by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at [email protected]. Child Online Privacy Protection Act.
HOW IS YOUR INFORMATION SHARED?
We may, under certain circumstances, share the information submitted by you, or gathered by us, as follows:
- Advertisers. We may share your information with advertisers, third-party advertising networks and analytics companies as described herein. We may also share encrypted versions of information we have collected in order to enable our advertising partners to perform data analysis or for advertising-related use.
- Related Programs. Where a third party has directed you to the Service, we may share certain information back with that third party, including your name, email and the value of your purchase (depending on the Service used).
- Third Party Applications. We may provide access to third party applications, such as gadgets or extensions, through our website. Any information when you enable such a third party application is processed under The Policy. Any information collected by a third party application provider is governed by their privacy policies.
- Corporate Affiliates. Your information may be shared with subsidiaries or affiliates of (B)STRONG in order to provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions and customer support), or to improve your experience with our Services, products and other services.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our service providers who work on our behalf. For example, these service providers may handle payment or credit card processing, data management, customer data pooling or aggregating, feature administration, email distribution, market research, information analysis, and promotions management. These service providers will only have access to the information needed to perform these limited functions on our behalf.
- Compliance with Law; Court Orders. We may share personally identifiable information where disclosure of such information is (i) reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, rule, regulation, subpoena, court order or enforceable governmental or administrative request; (ii) reasonably necessary to detect, prevent, or address fraud, security or technical issues, or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of (B)STRONG, our users or the public; (iii) we believe that you have abused the Service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws or in violation of our Terms of Service. You are advised that, following disclosure to any third party, your information may be accessible by others to the extent permitted or required by applicable law.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION CHANGED OR REMOVED?
You may contact us any time at [email protected] to request any of the following: 1) see what personally identifiable information we have about you, if any, 2) change or correct any personally identifiable information we have about you, 3) have us delete any personally identifiable information we have about you, 4) express any concern you have about our use of your personally identifiable information. It is not technologically possible to change or delete each and every instance of the information we hold on you from our systems, and data may remain in non-erasable or aggregate form. We may retain data for a period of ___ years in our backup or temporary systems. We may also retain some information for longer periods as required by law, contract, or auditing requirements.
WHAT IS (B)STRONG’S SECURITY?
We store your personal data on a secure server that is password protected and shielded from the outside world by a firewall. We have in place policies that are intended to ensure, as far as possible, the security and integrity of all our information, including your personally identifying information. We are PCI compliant to provide enhanced protection for your payment information. However, no system or information can ever be fully protected against every possible hazard. As a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or privacy of any information you provide to us and, accordingly, you do so at your own risk.
Whenever we collect particularly sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
HOW WILL YOU KNOW OF CHANGES TO THE POLICY?
Third parties that have content embedded on (B)STRONG’s website (such as buttons, widgets, and other embedded features or content) may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that you visited our website from a certain IP address. Third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from (B)STRONG’s website unless you provide it to them directly.
WHAT ABOUT THE RIGHTS OF THOSE IN (B)STRONG’S HOME BASE, UTAH?
Residents of the State of Utah have the right to notification in the event of an unauthorized acquisition of (B)STRONG’s computerized data where the security, confidentiality, or integrity of personal information is compromised. In the event of such a breach, you will be notified consistent with applicable law in the most expedient time possible.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT (B)STRONG WITH INQUIRIES OR COMPLAINTS?
If you have any questions or complaints about The Policy, please contact us at [email protected]. Complaints will be resolved internally in accordance with our complaints procedures. If you live in the European Union or Switzerland and efforts to resolve the matter internally are unsatisfactory, the complaint may be submitted to the American Arbitration Association, which has been selected as the independent recourse mechanism to resolve complaints and disputes relating to treatment of data originating in the European Union or Switzerland under this policy.
References to “we,” “us,” and “our” references to (B)STRONG LLC and its affiliates.
This Policy does not supersede the Terms and Conditions (www.goBstrong.com/terms) that govern your use of the site. Any conflict between the two shall be resolved in favor of the Terms and Conditions.